By using, visiting or browsing the ICC Services, you accept and agree to our information practices described below.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us. Examples may include:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our Service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, set preferences in Your Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your interactions with us and our advertising, your use of our Services, applications, websites, tools, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our Services. This information may include:
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number;
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information from your social networking account: If you choose to connect one or more social networking accounts (such as Facebook) with your ICC account, we will obtain information from your social networking account, as described in our Social Sharing section below.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts for you and others, including to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, providing recommendations on Invisibles we think will be enjoyable, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- sending you emails, push notifications or other correspondence and advertising concerning our service, including newsletters, messages about new ICC features, ICC special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys. From time to time, we may partner with companies whose products we believe will interest our members. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law. Please see the “Your Choices” section of this policy for information regarding opting out of marketing emails and push notifications, as well your choices regarding other types of advertising;
We may use information on an aggregated or anonymous basis.
Disclosure of Information
- Service Providers: We may use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of Services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our Services, to process and limit fraud in connection with credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. For example, we may partner with companies that offer incentives if you sign up or otherwise utilize our service. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. By participating in such joint promotions or programs, you agree to our sharing of your information. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party businesses.
- Social networking services: If you choose to take advantage of our social features or use social plugins available through our site, you will be choosing to disclose information as set forth in our Social Sharing section below.
- Information you make public: While using the ICC service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly. Please understand that when you post such information it is made public and we are not responsible for any third party’s use of information you publicly disclose through our service.
- Others with access to your account: If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information. We strictly prohibit the sharing of accounting and Payment Method information. Any sharing releases ICC from any liability related to your sharing of account and Payment Method information.
- Aggregate or anonymous information: We may provide analysis of and information from or about our users in the aggregate or otherwise in anonymous form to partners, Service Providers and other third parties.
Profiles allow different members to have a distinct, personalized ICC experience, built around the Invisibles they enjoy, such as personalized recommendations and separate search histories.
Profiles can be used in connection with our social features to enable you to connect different social media accounts to separate profiles.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply access the “Email preferences” link on the “Your Account” page of our website and uncheck those items to unsubscribe, or click the “unsubscribe” link in the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You can opt in to receive push notifications from ICC. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and Internet advertising, see our Cookies and Internet Advertising notice.
For information regarding your choices with respect to connecting to a social media account as well as our social features, please see our Social Terms.
Right to Access Your Information
We give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your communication preferences in the “Your Account” portion of our website. You must be signed in to access “Your Account.” If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at Curator@InvisibleCity.com (Attn: Privacy).
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our Services, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the ICC Service.
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the ICC Services, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the ICC Services. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Remember me on this computer” when you login on the website. To remove access to your ICC account from your devices: (a) visit “Your Account” (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your ICC settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access your ICC account. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or ICC ready device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
Changes to This Policy
Last updated: 7/25/2023